Government Schemes

In Australia, at present, there are three government schemes offered:

  • Victoria – Victorian Energy Upgrades, previously the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET)
  • New South Wales – the Energy Efficiency Scheme (EES)
  • South Australia – the Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES)

These schemes provide financial incentives to businesses who upgrade to LED from their existing lighting solution. Businesses who take advantage of the schemes and lower their energy consumption stand to benefit from a range of rebates and subsidies previously/otherwise unattainable.

How do These
Schemes Work?

Energy certificates are created every time a business upgrades their lighting to LED and therefore lowering their energy consumption. Certificates are then unsold to energy retailers. The rebate is determined by the quantity of certificates generated per project and in accordance with the market price at the time of implementation. In Victoria energy certificates are valued at one tonne of carbon reduction or as one megawatt hour (MWh) of energy in New South Wales.

Business Types Eligible for Subsidised Upgrades

  • Warehouses
  • Factories
  • Processing Plants
  • Industrial Facilities
  • Manufacturing
  • Plants
  • Supermarkets
  • Retail Businesses
  • Healthcare – Hospitals
  • Storage Facilities

Other business types not shown can still benefit from upgrades with heavy subsidies.


“Victorian Energy Upgrades” now offers heavily subsidised LED upgrades for Victorian businesses who can benefit for little to no capital investment.

Find out more


Energy Efficiency Scheme (ESS) and the Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) at present offer a subsidised LED upgrade for New South Wales and South Australian business. Reliant on the energy reduction, South Australian businesses can claim a percentage of their LED upgrade free of charge.

Find out more


With almost 30 years of experience we have built solid partnerships with distributors that allow us to extend a helping hand to businesses located in states without Government energy schemes.

Find out more